Our Partners in the Corporate & Corporate Secretarial Practice
Our Corporate & Corporate Secretarial Practice consists of experienced legal practitioners dedicated to helping our clients sustain and grow their businesses. We provide a full range of services, from setting up business entities, advising on structuring and compliance issues, to drafting agreements relating to shareholders, joint ventures, collaborations, share and asset acquisitions, investments, loans, logistics services, supply of goods and equipment, supply base services, licensing, leasing, mining, product distribution and aircraft servicing.
As businesses continuously aim to expand their reach globally, we have been engaged to set up branch/subsidiary company offices in countries such as Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, Myanmar and Indonesia, which involved liaising with our regional offices to ensure compliance with regulations imposed by the respective governmental authorities.
Due to the internationalisation of corporate transactions, we have also assisted with the review, negotiation and drafting of complex transactional documents spanning across the laws of multiple jurisdictions. Recently, we acted for clients in a joint venture to expand their natural rubber business into other South East Asia regions. We also acted for clients in their joint venture with a sovereign wealth fund to invest in real estate assets in Vietnam, concerning an estimated initial investment of USD250 million. Our experience also includes advising and negotiating agreements relating to the setting up of an offshore marine centre in Indonesia.
As investment interest in Myanmar grew in the recent years, we are also involved in the Myanmar market. One of our projects involved drafting joint venture documents and advising clients in respect of the development of a recreational resort in Myanmar with an estimated investment undertaking of USD40 million. More recently, we also negotiated a suite of complex agreements and advised clients on the preservation, development, construction, operation and management of the Secretariat Building which is an iconic heritage monument in Yangon. We also had the privilege to represent the State-Owned national flag carrier Myanmar National Airlines in their acquisition of aircrafts which involved the review of highly complex aviation financing/leasing documentation. We were subsequently also appointed to set up their various branch offices.
Aside from Myanmar, our clientele includes companies that venture into FinTech and ICOs. In 2017, we acted for parties in a collaboration involving several established insurers and a FinTech start-up company to implement a novel digital insurance platform in Singapore and other ASEAN countries. More recently, we also acted in several ICO-related matters. Our work ranges from advising clients on the feasibility of their ICO business models, reviewing their respective White Papers, to preparing legal opinions on the uses of the respective tokens for submission to the Monetary Authority of Singapore, investors and the relevant exchanges. One of our ICO clients have since successfully launched their private token sale and are set to achieve their fundraising target of USD8 million. Their project intends to use artificial intelligence to provide real-time insights and detailed analysis for investors. Another notable ICO project involves the development of an authentication solution that aims to secure all virtual property on blockchain, and is targeted for launch in October 2018.
Below is a quick overview of the various business sectors we have had the opportunity to assist in:
• FinTech & ICOs
• Airline Services & Aircraft Servicing
• Energy and Natural Resources
• Infrastructure and Real Estate
• Hospitality, Retail and F&B
• Engineering and Construction
• Shipping, Transport and Logistics
• Manufacturing & Distribution
• Marine Engineering Services
We also provide a full range of corporate secretarial services as follows:
• Incorporation of a Private Limited Company including preparing all incorporation documents, financial statements in XBRL format, Directors’ and/or Shareholders’ Resolutions Documentation for the Annual General Meeting, filing the Annual Return and all necessary filings with ACRA
• Filing and Registration of Charges
• Registration of a Singapore Branch Office, Representative Office and Foreign Company (Singapore Branch) and the incorporation/Acquisition of Offshore Companies
• Maintaining of the Minute Books, Registers and other statutory records
• Providing a Nominee Director/Shareholder, nominee local agent and registered office
• Attending to routine queries relating to corporate secretarial matters
• Drafting of and advising on nominee shareholder and director services agreements;
• Advising on the recent amendments to the Singapore Companies Act (Cap. 50)
• Assisting in preparing relevant documents for the issuance of redeemable preference shares, including amending a Company’s Constitution
We believe in establishing a close, long term working relationship of trust with our clients, and providing them with high quality and commercially sound legal solutions.