LLB (Hons) University of Nottingham
Called to the Singapore Bar: 2017
T | (65) 6329 2415
(65) 9816 0369
E | firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel graduated from the University of Nottingham and was admitted to the Singapore Bar in 2017. Prior to joining Joseph Tan Jude Benny LLP, she practised at one of Singapore’s “Big Four” law firms for four years.
As a disputes practitioner, she has acted in a wide variety of matters including complex commercial disputes, landlord tenancy disputes and professional negligence matters. She has represented clients ranging from government representatives, small medium enterprises and high net worth individuals.
Rachel has acted in matters at all levels of the Singapore Courts, including the High Court and the Court of Appeal. She has appeared as lead counsel in interlocutory applications at the High Court and has further experience representing clients in matters and mediations at the Family Justice Courts as lead counsel.
- Represented Indonesian Receivers in resisting an appeal to overturn a High Court decision to recognise Indonesian bankruptcy orders in Singapore(Paulus Tannos v HeinceTombakSimanjuntak and others and another appeal 2 SLR 1061;  SGCA 85)
- Represented a Private Trustee in Bankruptcy in an application for the sale of property under s 18(2) of the Supreme Court of Judicature Act.
- Represented a Singapore incorporated company in a registrar’s appeal for the grant of leave to serve a writ of summons and statement of claim on a defendant in Switzerland (Kernel Oil Pte Ltd v Iman Djuniardi SGHC 52).
- Represented a local marketing company in a claim concerning allegations of misrepresentation, fraud, conspiracy, breach of fiduciary duties and/or trust, involving investors from multiple jurisdictions.
- Represented various patients in several medical negligence claims involving medical practitioners. These cases involve issues such as informed consent, and negligence in relation to diagnosis and treatment.
- Represented the Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners Board in a case involving the professional misconduct of a registered Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner.
- Represented the subsidiary of a Singapore land developer in a claim for trespass, and successfully negotiated a settlement on behalf of the client.
- Represented an elementary school student against an international school and a food caterer in a claim for negligence, and successfully negotiated a settlement on behalf of the client.