LL.B. (Hons), University of Manchester
Called to the Singapore Bar: 2015
T | (65) 6220 9388
E | email@example.com
Kay read law at the University of Manchester and graduated with honors. She was called to the Singapore Bar in 2015 and joined the Firm as an Associate.
Kay’s area of practice is Corporate Law. She has experience in advising on a spectrum of corporate and commercial issues, including having assisted in cross-border acquisitions and joint ventures, providing advice and recommendations on the corporate structure of clients’ business ventures to ensure compliance with the laws of applicable jurisdictions, all the whilst ensuring that the parties’ business needs are met.
Her notable transactions include:
- Acting for a leading technology MNC in the optics industry, which involved advising on their service contracts for their cloud based remote health care and support system;
- Acting for a grocery on its set up in Singapore, which involved preparing and advising on its terms of employment, tenancy, and investor related terms;
- Acting for a business in its development of a novel web application to be launched in Singapore, which required consideration of the legality of the project under statutory board laws/rules, and included preparing and advising on investor related terms and platform terms;
- Acting for a leading global provider of contract automation and management systems focused on commodities and freight markets, which involved preparing their service contracts and other ancillary agreements pertaining to software integration with third party digital transformation systems;
- Acting for a multinational conglomerate in their international sale of wood pellets, which involved preparing and advising on the terms of sale and related shipping agreements, including the contract of affreightment for the shipment of the wood pellets;
- Acting for a Singapore company in its joint venture with an innovative lifeboat manufacturing company with the drafting and negotiation of a joint venture agreement for the manufacture and sale of lifeboats and survival capsules, involving investments of up to USD 750,000;
- Assisting Myanmar National Airlines in their aircraft acquisitions amounting to USD 70 million and their expansion of operations into Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan and China;
- Advising a global leader in marine services for offshore oil and gas in the structuring of their Thailand operations;
- Acting for a leading supplier of marine services for the offshore energy industry in the preparation of their master service agreements for operations in Indonesia and Vietnam;
- Assisting in a transaction involving a global acquisition of a life science logistics and freight provider group of companies, with a focus on the legal issues which presented itself within the Singapore jurisdiction;
- Advising on the structure of a group of companies for the development of an island in Myanmar estimated to have an investment undertaking of USD 40 million whilst taking into account the requirements of the Myanmar Investment Commission, and drafting and negotiating various agreements for the joint venture between parties;
- Acting for an industry market leader in the distribution of smart card issuance equipment and identity systems in their intended digital innovation business venture into Myanmar, for the purposes of introducing its digital technology to different business sectors within Myanmar, and preparing all required documentation for the project.