Yong Khai Si, Kay
LL.B. (Hons), University of Manchester
Called to the Singapore Bar: 2015
T | (65) 6329 2414
E | email@example.com
Kay’s main area of practice is Corporate and Commercial Law. She has experience in advising on a spectrum of corporate and commercial matters, including having assisted in acquisition projects and joint ventures, as well as providing advice and recommendations on the corporate structure for business ventures, all whilst ensuring that the client’s business needs are met.
Her notable transactions include:
- Acting for a Singapore listed company primarily engaged in the steel industry, in their various acquisition projects;
- Acting for a leading technology MNC in the optics industry, which involved advising on their service contracts for their cloud based remote health care and support system
- Acting for a grocery on its set up in Singapore, which involved preparing and advising on its terms of employment, tenancy, and investor related terms
- Acting for a leading global provider of contract automation and management systems focused on commodities and freight markets, which involved preparing their service contracts and other ancillary agreements pertaining to software integration with third party digital transformation systems;
- Acting for a multinational conglomerate in their international sale of wood pellets, which involved preparing and advising on the terms of sale and related shipping agreements, including the contract of affreightment for the shipment of the wood pellets;
- Acting for a Singapore company in its joint venture with an innovative lifeboat manufacturing company with the drafting and negotiation of a joint venture agreement for the manufacture and sale of lifeboats and survival capsules, involving investments of up to USD 750,000;
- Advising a global leader in marine services for offshore oil and gas in the structuring of their Thailand operations;
- Acting for a leading supplier of marine services for the offshore energy industry in the preparation of their master service agreements for operations in Indonesia and Vietnam;
- Advising on the structure of a group of companies for the development of an island in Myanmar estimated to have an investment undertaking of USD 40 million whilst taking into account the requirements of the Myanmar Investment Commission, and drafting and negotiating various agreements for the joint venture between parties;
- Acting for an industry market leader in the distribution of smart card issuance equipment and identity systems in their intended digital innovation business venture into Myanmar, for the purposes of introducing its digital technology to different business sectors within Myanmar, and preparing all required documentation for the project.
- A Practical Approach to Vetting and Securing a Joint Venture Agreement (Singapore Business Federation);
- Safeguarding Personal Data for Businesses: Key Obligations and Amendments (Singapore Business Federation);
- Early-Stage Financing: Debt vs Equity, from the Founder’s Perspective (JTJB Network Seminar).